Thursday, October 18, 2018

Do You Have a Home Coffee Station?

I'm probably one of the last people I know to invest in a Keurig, but I finally did. With cool fall days ahead, the lure of quick single cups of coffee and hot chocolate was just too tempting. I figured though that if I was going to get a Keurig, I might as well have some fun with the color. I chose "Oasis", a pale turquoise,  just for fun!


It was coincidental that a few days after my coffee maker arrived from Amazon, I happened upon this discussion on Houzz, entitled, "Do You Have a Coffee Station In Your Home?". My new Keurig was on the kitchen counter but the photos from Houzz and other internet sites encouraged me to add to it to make my own "Coffee Station". Here are a few of my inspiration photos . . .

church coffee station ideas
The white tiles in the photo above reminded me of my kitchen and I loved the use of galvanized metal to hold coffee supplies in the two photos below.

coffee station decor ideas
Photo Courtesy of Home CBF

  Photo Courtesy of Houzz

A three-tier galvanized stand was too tall to fit under my cabinets but I found a two-tier one that is perfect. They are available online but I happened to have a 50%off coupon at JoAnn's Fabrics, where they had the same one I was about to  order from Amazon. Under $15.00 and it holds creamer, sugar, Sweet 'n Low, utensils, coffee pods, and two mugs. Perfect!

The little white-framed chalkboard was all of $5.00 at Target, in the "Wedding" section of the Stationery Department of all places!

I love this farmhouse-inspired coffee station.
Photo Courtesy of Home CBF

And this coffee station (below) on a vintage wooden ironing board! I recently posted about the wooden ironing board I just bought but didn't see this in time for my post. What a unique idea!
wood coffee station
Photo Courtesy of Home CBF

coffee station ideas for kitchen
Photo Courtesy of Home CBF

I always thought I'd like a coffee station in our Master bedroom but decided that, with the layout of our house, it would probably be more trouble than it's worth.  I also thought it would still involve a trip downstairs unless we had room for a mini-frige and bar sink in the MBR as well. (We don't.)

But I'm really happy with the little "Coffee Corner" I did create, inspired by photos from favorite decorating sites.

Do you have a "Coffee Station" at your house?


If you were only a little closer, I'd invite you over for a cup of coffee at mine!



This post is linked to:
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Share Your Style 179 at The Red Painted Cottage
Flaunt It Friday #421 at Chic On a Shoestring Decorating
Farmhouse Friday Link Party #79 at The Painted Hinge
Thursday Favorite Things at Follow the Yellow Brick Home
Amaze Me Monday #286 at Dwellings

5 comments:

  1. I love all the photos of coffee stations. I 'sorta' have one but not as cute. I love the two tiered stand and might be heading to JoAnnes to see if they have one! The turquoise Kerug is so pretty. Mine is red! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda,
    Your red Keurig sounds bright and cheerful, especially with the holidays coming! If your JoAnn's does not have the galvanized stands left, you can order the very same one at either Amazon.com or WalMart.com. They have the three-tier as well but, as I posted, it wouldn't fit under my cabinets. I hope you'll send me a photo if you set up your own "coffee station" Have a great weekend!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun that you got your coffee station! Thanks for sharing your inspo, and for visiting My Wee Abode! Look forward to getting to know you! (Also, I had NO idea Courtney had a link party! Thanks for sharing... linked today!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie, So glad you stopped by! I'm looking forward to getting to know you as well. Happy Sunday! Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheryl,
    You Coffee station is delightful!! I too have a little area that I use as our coffee station!! I like to call it our Hot Beverage Station as I also like Tea!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

I hope you'll leave a Comment . . . they make this blogger's day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...