We just returned from a beautiful wedding on Cape Cod and since I had to get into this knit dress...
I decided to expand (poor choice of words?) my selection of
And a "bottom" to contain . . . well, my bottom.
After I squeezed into those two pieces, I realized that you could see through the knit dress so I added a half-slip.
Once all of these layers, were in place, I have to admit, the dress looked pretty good. So off to the wedding DH and I went. That was when I realized that there is more to successfully wearing Spanx than Oprah would have you believe.
|photo courtesy of Vintage Style Files|
Here's what I learned the hard way:
10 Tips for Dancing In Spanx
1. When the DJ yells, "Let's Get Down!", don't do it!
2. Don't even consider trying to "Move Like Jagger".
3. During "Twist & Shout", don't try to see how low you can go. In fact, don't do the twist at all or your layers of Spanx will end up, well . . . twisted.
4. When you are wearing multiple layers of Spanx and friends ask if you remember how to do the Swim, say "No"!
5. Don't try to keep up with the dance moves of crazy BFF Karen while wearing Spanx.
6. When you're slow-dancing to a favorite oldie and start to feel all fluttery, it's probably just your Spanx coming loose.
7. When leaving the ladies' room, make sure all of your supporting layers are tucked INSIDE your dress.
8. When you think your partner just said, "Thanx for the dance", consider that he may actually have just whispered, "Your Spanx are askance".
9. Stick to slow dances and your Spanx will thank you.
And finally . . .
10. When the band plays "Let's Stay Together" by Al Green, try not to take it personally.