Friday, August 17, 2018

A Tisket, A Tasket at the Library

I love libraries. I love the bookish smell of them, the quiet, the anticipation of stories to be told and mysteries to be revealed.  At our little town library, I especially love the August fundraiser . . .
 "A Tisket, A Tasket". 


Any member of the community can create a themed "basket", donate it, and watch the bids increase as the Silent Auction progresses through the month of August. Isn't this "Fairy House" basket beautifully done?


 Here are the "rules" (Just in case your library, school or club would like to replicate this idea!)


My partner in crime friend and I have had so much fun thinking up themes, scouring our "stashes" and making baskets. . . .12 of them this year!


There are about 60 baskets (any container counts as a "basket") at the library already and they are so much fun to browse through. I'm amazed at the creativity of my fellow book-lovers.


Some of the themes on display include Quilting, Movie Night, "Mom, I'm Bored" (kids' crafts). Martini's, Lobster Dinner, Book-Lovers Basket, Pretty in Pink, Glitzy Home Office, Vintage Christmas, Grandma's Kitchen, and a "Campfire Basket" with S'more supplies, popcorn,  and a book of scary ghost stories!


I could bid on them all!


Now I'm kind of sorry that my baskets are finished. In addition to the fun of making them, they are a great way to down-size my craft room, kitchen, and hidden-away collectibles. It's nice knowing that things I love, but no longer need, are going to people who will enjoy them.


This is a such a fun project and the money raised will be used to buy new books.
What could be better than that?



This post is linked to:
Flaunt It Friday #412 at Chic On a Shoestring
Happiness Is Homemade 234 at Bluesky at Home
Sundays at Home at Little Farmstead
Amaze Me Monday #277 at Dwellings

5 comments:

  1. Creating theme baskets is so much fun . A Win Win for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, ME. So much fun to make baskets with you!

      Delete
  2. What a great idea for a fundraiser. And the library looks as cute as can be!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you'll leave a Comment . . . they make this blogger's day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...