Friday, February 8, 2019

Valentine Tablescape on a Budget

I love coming up with whimsical table settings for dinner parties. Tomorrow evening we'll be having our "Gourmet Group" for dinner to celebrate two birthdays and Valentine's Day. Today I'm having fun putting the table together. I always start with neutral basics: simple white dinnerware and sterling flatware.


I'm lucky in that my DH is cooking this dinner. He's Italian and will be making his "famous" veal parmesean. That leaves me time to work on the appetizers, the bar, and the table setting. Here's the mess on my craft table this morning as I began the process. (This is my fifth week back on Weight Watchers and I'm proud to say, I didn't touch even one piece of the candy!)



For every dinner party, I make something that will serve the purpose of a "placecard" and I always come up with little "party favors" for guests to take home with them. Even adults love that! This time I combined the two: the "placecard" is the favor.


The cute rickrack felt heart pouches were only $1.00 each at Target's "Dollar Spot" (I love that little corner!). I used fabric paint to add names to the hearts (the "placecard" part) and then filled each heart with Valentine candy to take home (the "party favor" part).

Oops! Forgot the napkins!

I found this perfect red tablecloth at Goodwill for $4.00. It's so long that, even with both leaves in my table, it had to be tucked under. And it washed with absolutely no need for ironing. I think this one is a keeper! The Valentine table runner was another Target bargain for $3.00, also at the "Dollar Spot".


I had candy left over so decided to use it in Valentine mason jars for friends who will not be at tomorrow evenings dinner party.


These were simple to make and just used up things I already had: jars, doilies, and ribbon.


I felt pretty good about coming up with a tablecloth, runner, "placecards" and favors for all of  $14.00. All I needed to add was the candy!


This post is linked to:
Flaunt It Friday #434 at Chic On a Shoestring
Best of the Weekend Link Part at Calypso In the Country
Farmhouse Friday Link Party #92 at The Painted Hinge
Sundays at Home at Little Farmstead
                                              Homestyle Gathering #5 at My Wee Abode

3 comments:

  1. I think your table looks fabulous. I would love to receive one of the favors you made!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Mary! I had fun doing it. The dinner party was tonight and a great time was had by all! Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. ~Cheryl

      Delete
  2. Those placecards are adorable... and we have another thing in common... WW!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you'll leave a Comment . . . they make this blogger's day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...