Friday, February 16, 2018

Too Angry to Knit

 This morning, I sat down to knit for awhile.
 I couldn't even complete a single row.


The first student killed at Douglas H.S in Florida. was buried this morning.

                                     
As a retired high school teacher, I never want to see scenes like this again.


Ever.


I remember Lockdowns.


Being scared, even as an adult.
Grabbing students from the hallway.
Covering and locking the door (from the Outside, with a Key!)
Hiding a boy in the Ladies' Room with me.


"Hideaway Helper"?
Get Real!
This is Life & Death.


And who can forget the fear of hearing someone rattle the doorknob?
Even when you know it's a drill.


When I started blogging, I decided to "keep it light" and limit myself  to "lifestyle" topics.
Today I just can't. I'll have to let the blog (me!) speak for itself and assume that readers who disagree will no longer follow.

Because, enough is enough.
Congress. Must. Act.
Now!

Or we need to vote every one of them out in November.


The Introduction to one of my knitting books reads,
 "Knitting can be a perfect antidote to today's hectic, stress-filled life. It is calming and rewarding, and can even become habit-forming."

Not today.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post. I think we are seeing a new population of citizens energized to make a difference, high school students! They are the future . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're right, Sheila. Something has to change.

      Delete
  2. When I was a kid, we had to worry about attacks from the communists and A-bombs. I suppose every era has something to worry about. Now, instead of "them", we have to worry about "us".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember those drills...hiding under the desk (as if that would protect us from a nuclear weapon!) . You said it perfectly about "them" is now "us". Scary. I know we can do better.

      Delete
  3. This should not happen ever! I am beyond sad, angry and frustrated. Money speaks louder then lives...vote in November and may our voices heard.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you'll leave a Comment . . . they make this blogger's day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...