Friday, October 2, 2015

An Easy DIY Headboard

My friend, Mary Elizabeth, is always coming up with new projects! This one is so simple that I couldn't wait to share it.



She was just about to donate this little folding "fireplace screen" to Goodwill when she got a another crazy brilliant idea.


 
She pulled the screen back out of her car, screwed it to the bedroom wall, added some pillows, and . . .  Voila! A beautiful headboard in a matter of minutes!
 
 
Inspired by Mary Elizabeth's idea, I did a quick Google search for "fireplace screens", "decorative screens" and even "pet screens". There are more options that I realized. Here are a few. 
from Amazon.com
 
 
This screen, from The Space Between, is actually mounted horizontally to make this headboard.
 
 
This idea is from Tara at Between You & Me.  Instead of a folding screen, she attached shutters to the wall behind the bed.
 


There are lots of tutorials on Pinterest showing how to repurpose an old door into a headboard. I love the chippy paint on this one from the Tangly Cottage.  The best source I've found for old doors is the Habitat for Humanity ReStore. Ours has beautiful ones for as little as $10.00 each.

 
Having just finished unpacking from a chilly few days of fall camping in New Hampshire, I must just be dreaming about warm comfy beds!
 
Yours in DIY,

 
 
This post is shared at:
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Party Junk at Funky Junk Interiors
 

4 comments:

  1. You always have the best ideas and such fun adventures! I have a bedroom that sorely needs attention and this could be the perfect project with which to begin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great ideas! I like the door in the last photo. Hopefully one would be careful about old lead based paint and put some kind of varnish over it. Wouldn't want to be breathing in that stuff when sleeping. :) It is definitely getting cool for camping but the days a mostly nice and crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great look! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it . . . so unique. I'll bet that she is delighted that she thought of this before donating it :)

    ReplyDelete

I hope you'll leave a Comment . . . they make this blogger's day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...