Thursday, May 28, 2015

Weathered, Worn, Wobbly & Priceless

Literally "priceless". This chippy and many-times-repaired garage sale "leftover" was in the FREE pile at the side of a nearby road. Needless to say, I threw on the brakes and had this baby in the back of my little Suburu in under a minute!


I'd been looking for just the right thing to use to raise the planter next to the steps to our deck.


I knew the minute I saw it that this little stool was perfect. Even the color was right.



 
Chipped paint, rust and unexpected items add great texture and a sense of whimsy to a garden. This lobster buoy was $1.00 at a yard sale last weekend. I like the bright red color it brings to a boring outdoor corner. (And we do live on the Maine coast!)

 
From reading some of my favorite blogs, I know I'm not the only one who loves a little "junk" in the garden. 


I love how Linda from Itsy Bits & Pieces repurposed this rusty garage sale power saw box and  vintage metal wagon as planters in her Minnesota garden.

 
And here's a rusty, crusty old wheelbarrow used as a planter.
We saw this one outside of an antique barn in Mt. Pleasant, S.C.
 

Do you use unexpected objects in your garden?
I'd love to hear your ideas.
 
Yours in the worn and wobbly,
 
 
 
Sharing this post at:
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Show & Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Flaunt It Friday at Chic On a Shoestring Decorating
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps On the Porch
 

7 comments:

  1. Your stool is a great find! I really like it. Yes, I use old enamel ware kettles for planters on my deck. I have used one for years. I like re-purposing old things. My last post has photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your new old stool! I would have grabbed that.one, too! Thanks so much for the shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl, the little stool is perfect! I do love a little touch of junk in my garden. I just need to find the time and energy to work on it!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made a great find and you can't beat free! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a thing for beat up weathered distressed on there last leg stools, I have a few myself and won't part with them..... This one of yours a true keeper, wish it were my find :)

    Xx
    Beautiful inspiration.

    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the little chippy stool and I definitely like a little junk in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos and whimsy always make my day. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you'll leave a Comment . . . they make this blogger's day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...