Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Flour Sack Towels

I've been looking for affordable 100% cotton Flour Sack towels to use with my craft group. We'd like to "play" with them using dye, fabric paint and/or stencils. Since we're experimenting with this craft for the first time, we don't want to invest a huge amount of money.


  (Maybe when we get really good!)


I've checked out flour sack towels at a local quilt shop, on Amazon, and with friends who own a screen-print shop. Until now, I've only found the 30" towels at $3.00 to $6.00 each.

Imagine my surprise to find these at Target on Saturday!
Four for $4.00!


They are good quality, 30" square and 100% cotton. I thought they must have been mismarked but they did ring up at $4.00 for 4, all neatly wrapped in a grosgrain ribbon. I bought two packages . . .  and went back the next day for two more!


 They were located in the new Target section of products called "Made By Design".


Now I'm looking forward to having my crafty friends over to see what we can create with them.


I have a few ideas from last year's Fiber College of Maine. These ladies used a combination of fabric paints . . .


 and stencils.


Another technique I'd like to try is shibori.
This shibori towel was a gift from a friend.


There is a good tutorial on the Japanese tie-dye technique here. Thanks to Tammy at her blog, Honestly WTF, for her great fiber art ideas!


The finished towels could be used as curtains for a small window, a table cloth for a small table, fabric for a sewing project, or as, well . . . dish towels!

Yours in flour sacks,



This post is linked to:
Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Through Life
Talk of the Town #131 at Knick of Time

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you'll leave a Comment . . . they make this blogger's day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...