A simple roll of paper towels comes in handy in the craft room, too. I use them for everything from sopping up paint spills to Windexing glass to cleaning my hands. DH mounted a big roll of craft paper in the room for me too. It's perfect for covering the table before messy projects, cutting into patterns and stencils, or even using as gift wrap,
On each trip to Boston, I seem to bring back another load of these simple storage boxes from IKEA. I use them all over the house but they are especially useful in the craft room.
My friends kid me about my
Here's my Top 10 List of "Handy Items to Have In a Craft Space":
1. A big open work table, accessible from at least three sides.
2. Lots of storage (under tables, on the wall, on shelves, in closets, from the ceiling?)
3. Jars, boxes and baskets of all sizes and shapes
4. A tool box containing basic supplies for measuring, cutting, gluing and nailing
5. A big clock that's easy to see from everywhere in the room
6. Proximity to a computer and printer if possible (my office adjoins my craft space)
7. Bulletin board & pegboard space
8. A "wheely" chair (or two?)
9. Paper towels for messy work
10. And, yes . . .a label maker (although the glue gun comes in at a close second!)