Monday, July 23, 2018

Look What Kathleen Made!

I recently blogged about wanting to paint and stencil Flour Sack Towels.  For two weeks I've been meticulously drawing designs and hoarding supplies for the "big project".

Meanwhile,  my artsy friend Kathleen Gerdes, went to Target, bought a few towels, and  and actually completed them! (Obviously we work from opposite sides of our brains).

I love what Kathleen did!
For $1.00 plus the cost of a little fabric paint, wouldn't these make great gifts?

I've used 50% off coupons on a few stencils at Michael's and A.C. Moore but they can get pricey, even with coupons, so . . . 

I purchased some Mylar sheets and am having fun downloading simple shapes from the internet and cutting my own stencils.

 

Between Kathleen and I, our Target is now out of the towels, but, if you'd like to try this craft with us, they're still available at Target Online - $4.00 for a simple ribbon-wrapped package of four. To save on shipping, they'll "Ship to Store"; you can order online and pick them up at your local Target store.

Two friends and I plan to get together in my craft room later this week to trace and cut stencils. Since I've already squirreled away 8 packages of towels, we'll have to work fast.  At least I've got all the supplies we'll need:  Sharpies, Xacto knives, a bottle of wine, and . . . band aides!

Yours in Mylar,

This post is linked to:
Inspire Me Tuesday #432 at A Stroll Through Life
Craftastic Monday Link Party at Sew Can Do
Style Showcase #39 at Savvy Southern Style
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you'll leave a Comment . . . they make this blogger's day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...