Friday, June 29, 2018

Two Sisters On the Road

Do I have a story to tell you!


Back in 2007, my sister, Nancy and I took our first "Sisters' Road Trip" to Searsport, Maine.
We didn't know then that it would be our last road trip together.

Image result for Searsport Shores signs

The memories of our time together at the Shores are special ones and I reminisced about them often on my previous blogs, It's Always Something and  My Sister's Cottage.


Imagine my surprise when I heard that two sisters I never met had booked five days at Searsport Shores (where my sister Nancy and I first camped) after reading about it on my blog!

I often wonder if anyone is really reading my posts so this news was definitely blog-affirming. DH and I made plans to be in Searsport to meet these adventurous sisters, who had  trusted my blog posts enough to drive all the way from Texas and Ohio to be here!


The sisters, Lori and Becky, really wanted to look for sea glass so I took them to my "secret " sea glass beach. 


It was a "good tide" and there was more glass on the beach that day than I've ever seen at one time. Sisters' Karma? Lori even found a sand dollar!


Sometimes spotting the sea glass among the rocks is the challenging part.
Can you see the pice in the photo below?


The blog sisters did well and each returned to camp with a bucket of sea glass. I loved sharing their excitement!

The next day at the same beach, I saw a jellyfish . . .


And chatted with a local fisherman who was out digging clams.
Both this and sea glassing are done when the tide is low.


On Tuesday eveniing, while I was in the Casita in my  old t-shirt and borrowed boxer shorts  pajamas, there was a knock on the camper door. It was Lori and Becky stopping by to say "Goodbye". They were leaving Maine early the following morning. Long ride back to Ohio and Texas!


They surprised me with a pot of bright red Gerbera daisies . . . 


And a very special note.


Meeting two sisters who were following in the footsteps (tire tracks?) of Nancy and I meant the world to me. I watched them explore the Maine Coast and relived my "sister time" in Searsport. I saw them sitting shoulder to shoulder on their deck and could easily imagine the kinds of conversations they were having; the kind that only sisters can share.

Thanks to Lori and Becky. I remembered why I started blogging in the first place. 


This post is linked to:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you'll leave a Comment . . . they make this blogger's day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...