Monday, May 11, 2015

There's No Place Like Home

I feel the need to click my heels together one more time . . . I 'm finally HOME for awhile!


In the past few months, I've been to Florida three times, South Carolina twice and Mexico once. I said I wanted to travel in retirement so this has been a bit of a reminder to "Be Careful What You Wish For".


After three 12-hour days on the road, we  arrived home from Tampa this weekend. This trip was to pick up our grandson from the University of South Florida. Filthy and exhausted, it was nice to find these waiting for us. . .  tulips from BFF Mary Elizabeth.

Needless to say, much of the next day was spent in the laundry room. Packing is always fun; unpacking not so much. Who wore all those clothes anyway?


It's good to be back in Maine. Spring comes late here but it has finally arrived. I can't wait to have time to work in the yard . . .


And around the house.


I'm looking forward to spending quiet time in the craft room working on whatever project I feel like working on that day. There are always plenty of "works in progress", never mind the constantly streaming ideas for new ones!




And did I mention getting caught up on my blog? I love blogging . . .  "meeting" other bloggers, seeing their projects, sharing creative ideas, taking photos, and especially, writing. I can't wait to finally have the time to catch up and comment on the blogs I follow, and post on this one.


It's good to be home!



3 comments:

  1. Wow Cheryl, you've really been running the roads this spring! You must be exhausted from all the travelling. It's always nice to get back home and in one's own bed. Have a great week. Blessings, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl, sounds like fun traveling but it is good to be home!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are home again.

    I hope you don't mind, but I am in love with that Work Hard sign and I am going to have to make one for our house!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you'll leave a Comment . . . they make this blogger's day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...